At AAA, driving safety is at the heart of all that we do. We believe distracted driving is unsafe driving. Taking your eyes off the road for just two seconds doubles your chances of being involved in a crash.*
One way to prevent driving distractions is to set your smartphone to “Mute” or turn on the “Do Not Disturb” setting. If your phone does not have that feature in the menu, follow these instructions:
*Average daily claims from annual 2015 data collected by NHTSA. Copyright © 2019 Auto Club Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.
Anything that diverts your attention away from the primary task of driving is a distraction. Distractions include:
1. Plan your trip in advance and program GPS systems, set mirrors and climate controls, etc., before you begin driving.
2. Familiarize yourself with features of your vehicle’s equipment before you hit the road.
3. Use message-taking functions and return calls when you are stopped at a safe location.
4. Whenever possible, ask passengers to help you perform activities that may be distracting.
5. Secure mobile devices and any objects that may move and distract you while driving.